Shed Fire South Ann Drive

On 07/21/2016 at 0203 hours, the Bardstown Fire Department was dispatched to the 1300 block of South Ann Drive for a report of an explosion, a shed on fire, and a female lying on the ground.  When first due engine arrived on scene the shed was fully involved with two exposure risk.  Police and EMS attended to the female patient.  Crews extinguished the fire and overhauled the structure.  Crews were on scene for about three hours and the incident is still under investigation.

Gas Can Lit on Fire

On 07/20/2016 at 0630 hours, the Bardstown Fire Department was dispatched to the 300 block of Camptown Road for a report of a gas can on fire in the backyard of this residence.  Upon arrival crews found a small pile of debris and a gas can on fire.  Crews extinguished the fire and notified the Fire Marshal for an investigation.  Crews were on scene for about an hour and the incident is still under investigation.  If you have any information to this incident contact the Fire Marshal at Bardstown Fire Department at 349-6562.

MVC with Entrapment at the Intersection of E John Rowan and Culpepper

On 07/17/2016 at 2256 hours, the Bardstown Fire Department was dispatched to a report of a head on collision with possible entrapment and possible four patients at the intersection of E John Rowan Blvd and Culpepper St. When crews arrived on scene they found one patient entrapped in the vehicle.  Crews used the jaws of life to pop open the driver side door and assisted EMS with patient removal.  Crews were on scene for about an hour.

MVC with Entrapment on N 3rd St and at Busy Bee

On 07/17/2016 at 1538 hours, the Bardstown Fire Department was dispatched to a report of an MVC with Entrapment at N 3rd St and Busy Bee.  Arrived on scene with one patient entrapped in truck. Used spreader and cutter to remove driver side door. Then used ram to push dash off patient. Assisted ems with removing patient from truck. Assisted Coulters towing with cleaning the road way.  Crews were on scene for about an hour and 15 minutes.

Possible Arson Fire

On 07/14/2016 at 2112 hours, the Bardstown Fire Department was dispatched to a report of an arson fire between storage buildings. Arrived on scene and found that the fire was out on arrival. Some juveniles had been playing with a lighter and caught some tennis shoes and a plastic plate on fire. There was no property damage. The Police and the Fire Marshal talked to responsible party/parties. Fire Marshal will follow up with the children and provide some fire prevention education with them. Fire Marshal also advised the neighbors to keep their lighters put away so the children could not get to them.  Crews were on scene for about 30 minutes.

Natural Gas Leak

On 07/14/2016 at 1628 hours, the Bardstown Fire Department was dispatched to the smell of natural gas in the 600 block of Bloomfield Road. Arrived on scene to find that the dual burner gas stove was extremely dirty and there was raw fuel leaking from it. Turned off the gas to the unit and advised them to have cleaned and serviced before putting back in service.  Crews were on scene for about 20 minutes.

MVC with Entrapment 245 at Handy Food Mart

On 07/11/2016 at 1610 hours, the Bardstown Fire Department was dispatched to a report of an injury accident at 245 in front of Handy Food Mart.  When the first due engine arrived, the found that one patient was still trapped inside the vehicle.  Crews had to extricate the patient using the jaws of life to open the driver side door.  Crews also assisted EMS with loading the patient.  Crews were on scene for about 20 minutes.

Gasoline Leak Templin Avenue

On 07/11/2016 at 1548 hours, the Bardstown Fire Department was dispatched to the 1000 block of Templin Avenue for a truck leaking gasoline from the fuel tank.  Upon arrival of the first engine, they observed a hole in the fuel tank.  Crews contained the leak and cleaned up the roadway.  Crews were on scene for about  20 minutes.

Possible Structure Fire 100 Block of Rainbow Ct

On 07/09/2016 at 2043 hours, the Bardstown Fire Department was dispatched to the 100 block of Rainbow Court for a report of thick black smoke coming from the residence.  When the first unit arrived on scene it appeared to be a controlled burn. Upon further investigation the occupants were burning a wood pile with other EPA non-approved materials. FD extinguished the fire and advised the home owner of EPA regulations and of the City’s no burn ordinance.  Crews were on scene for about 15 minutes.