Lighting Strike on a Residence

On 08/28/2016 at 1754 hours, the Bardstown Fire Department was dispatched to a report of the smell of smoke in residence after a lightning strike in the 100 block of Limestone Court.  When crews arrived they checked the residence for smoke and fire but were unable to locate.  There had been an apparent lighting strike as some of the brick was knocked off of the residence.  Crews were on scene for about a half hour.

Structure Fire on Scenic Drive

On 08/27/2016 at 2009 hours, the Bardstown Fire Department was dispatched to a reported structure fire in the 100 block of Scenic Drive.  When crews arrived they did have light smoke coming from one of the eves of the house.  Crews extinguished the fire and performed overhaul.  The fire is believed to have started from a lightning strike which caused some wiring to short out.  Crews were on scene for about two hours.

Smoke in the Area

On 08/25/2016 at 2050 hours, the Bardstown Fire Department was dispatched to the 300 block of East O’Bryan AVE for a report of someone burning tires.  When units arrived on scene they were unable to locate the fire.  Units were on scene for about 10 minutes.

Child Locked in a Vehicle

On 08/14/2016 at 1915 hours, the Bardstown Fire Department was dispatched to the 100 block of Caldwell Avenue for a report of a child locked inside of a vehicle.  Upon arrival, crews found a small child locked into a car that was not running.  Crews had to break the glass to the vehicle in order to free the child.  Crews evaluated the child and were on scene for about 20 minutes.

MVC with Possible Entrapment

On 08/04/2016 at 1033 hours, the Bardstown Fire Department was dispatched to the 1478 E John Rowan BLVD for a report of a MVC with possible entrapment.  When crews arrived they did not find any patients entrapped in the vehicle.  Fire crews assisted EMS with patient care and were on scene for about a half hour.

Fire on the Bluegrass Parkway

On 08/03/2016 at 2026 hours, the Bardstown Fire Department was dispatched to a report of furniture on fire on the back of a trailer near the 25mm on the Bluegrass Parkway.  When crews arrived they found several pieces of furniture on fire on the side of the roadway.  Crews extinguished the fire and were on scene for about a half hour.

Gas Leak at Taco Bell

On 08/11/2016 at 0922 hours, the Bardstown Fire Department was dispatched to a report of a gas leak at the Taco Bell located at 3818 E John Rowan BLVD.  When crews arrive the building had been evacuated.  Crews checked over the building with special air monitoring equipment.  It was determined that the hood system had not been operational.  The business management was advised that they could not use gas fired appliances without the operation of the hood system due to carbon monoxide build up.  Management decided to close the business until repairs could be made.  The business re-opened around 1500 hours the same day.