Front Porch Fire

On 10/20/2016 at 0757 hours, the Bardstown Fire Department was dispatched to the 100 block of Harriett Avenue for a report of a fire that had occurred on the front porch of a residence but appeared to be out.  When crews arrived they had found that there had been a fire on the front porch but the homeowner had extinguished the fire with a garden hose.  Crews checked the area with a thermal imagining camera to ensure all the fire had been extinguished.  Crews were on scene for about 20 minutes

Fire Behind a Residence

On 10/20/2016 at 0313 hours, the Bardstown Fire Department was dispatched to the area of Sunset Drive for a report of a fire behind the residence.  Upon arrival crews found that the property owner had an approved fire in a fire pit.  No action was required by fire department and they were on scene for about 15 minutes.

Smoke in a Residence

On 10/17/2016 at 2023 hours, the Bardstown Fire Department was dispatched to a report of smoke in the residence in the 800 block of Johnson Street.  Upon arrival crews found that a towel had caught fire on the stove top but the fire was out.  Crews ventilated the structure and were on scene for about a half hour.

Fire Pit Unattended

On 10/10/2016 at 0051 hours, the Bardstown Fire Department was dispatched to the area of W Brashear Avenue for a report of a fire pit that was unattended.  Upon arrival crews found a fire pit under the roof of the front porch with three subjects around it.  Crews moved the fire pit from under the roof and advised the homeowner of EPA regulations.  Crews were on scene for about 15 minutes.

Machine fire at Fuji-Seal

On 10/06/2016 at 2127 hours, the Bardstown Fire Department was dispatched for an active fire alarm at American Fuji Seal located at 1051 Bloomfield Road.  When crews arrived the building had been evacuated.  Crews checked the area where the alarm had indicated and found that a fire had occurred on one of the presses and the extinguishing system had put out the fire.  Fire Crews assisted with ventilation and were on scene for about 40 minutes.

Electrical Fire 100 block of Scotch Ct

On 10/06/2016 at 0511 hours, the Bardstown Fire Department was dispatched to a report of an electrical plug that was smoking at an apartment in the 100 block of Scotch Court.  Upon arrival of the first crews they found light smoke showing inside the apartment.  After investigation, crews found a non-approved multi-plug adapter and numerous extension cords daisy chained together which caused the plug to overheat and start to catch fire.  Crews ventilated the structure and were on scene for about 30 minutes.

Fuel Leak at Wal-Mart

On 10/02/2016 at 1709 hours, the Bardstown Fire Department was dispatched to a report of a fuel leak coming from a vehicle in the parking lot of Wal-Mart.  Crews did find a black pick up truck leaking fuel from the fuel tank.  Owner advised he had hit a concrete block in the roadway.  Crews mitigated the incident and were on scene for about 30 minutes.

Smoke in a residence in the 100 block of Ashberry Dr

On 09/30/2016 at 1756 hours, the Bardstown Fire Department was dispatched to a report of smoke in the residence in the 100 block of Ashberry Drive.  After investigation from the first units on scene it was determined that a plastic plate had fallen onto the heating element of the dishwasher causing it to smoke.  Crews ventilated the structure and were on scene for about 30 minutes.