On 01/23/2017 at 1655 hours, the Bardstown Fire Department was dispatched to a report of smoke coming from the residence in the 700 block of Pulliam Ave. When crews arrived they found light smoke showing from the roof line and the homeowner had already discharged a fire extinguisher. Crews found some smoldering material around the exterior of the front door. Crews used a water extinguisher to cool down the area and installed smoke detectors into the residence. Crews were on scene for about 40 minutes.