Structure Fire 200 block of S Kennett

On 04/09/2017 at 1941 hours, the Bardstown Fire Department was dispatched to a report of a structure fire in the 200 block of S Kennett Ave.  When fire crews arrived, they had moderate smoke showing from the front of the structure.  Crews made entry and encountered fire in the kitchen area.  Crews extinguished the fire and conducted salvage and overhaul.  Fire was started by unattended cooking.  Crews were on scene for about 2 hours.  Nelson County Fire and Rescue also provided mutual aid.