On 11/28/2017 at 1246 hours, the Bardstown Fire Department was dispatched to a report of a vehicle fire at the 800 block of W Stephen Foster Avenue. When fire crews arrived, the found heavy fire in one vehicle and was moving into two other vehicles on both sides of the fire vehicle. Crews extinguished the fire and provided medical care to two subjects on scene who had suffered smoke inhalation. EMS was requested for the transport of one patient. The City’s Fire Marshal was requested to investigate. Crews were on scene for about an hour.
On 11/22/2017 at 2131 hours, the Bardstown Fire Department was dispatched for a mutual aid request to the Nelson County Fire and Rescue Department for a report of a structure fire on Stinson Drive. Bardstown Fire Department Engine 1 was the first on scene with heavy fire showing at the rear of the structure. Crews deployed a 2″ attack line and a monitor nozzle and achieved a good knock down of the majority of the fire. NCFR units arrived on scene and a water shuttle operation was put in place. Even though the majority of the fire was knocked down, it was difficult to extinguish due to the balloon frame construction and the lack of structural integrity. Bardstown Fire units were on scene for about three hours. NCFR remained on scene for several more hours afterwards.
On 11/22/2017 at 1233 hours, the Bardstown Fire Department was dispatched to the 300 block of N 3rd St for a report of a cooking fire. When crews arrived on scene they found a pan with grease on fire. Crews removed the pan and ventilated the structure. Only slight heat damage to the stove hood occurred. Crews were on scene for about 40 minutes.
On 11/18/2017 at 0605 hours, the Bardstown Fire Department was dispatched to assist Nelson County Fire and Rescue with an extrication of a male subject from his vehicle from a head on collision with a tree on Quarry Lane. The extrication took about 30 minutes.
At 1452 hours, the Bardstown Fire Department was dispatched to the 100 block of Sunset Drive for a report of a shed on fire. Crews were on scene within four minutes. Crews found a 23X12 shed with the north side of the shed involved with heavy fire. The shed was two separate sheds conjoined together to form one large shed. While suppression efforts were underway, the homeowner was found deceased inside of the burnt out part of the shed. Bardstown Police Department and the Kentucky State Fire Marshal’s Office was notified to assist in the death investigation. Crews were on scene for about four hours.
On 07/19/2017 at 1327 hours, the Bardstown Fire Department was dispatched for a report of a smoke detector sounding in one of the apartments in the 200 block of Aspen Street. First arriving company could see melting of the blinds and the neighbor advised that a child may still be inside. Crews forced entry and conducted a search and found no one. Crews then attacked the fire. It was later found out that the child was riding bikes with friends. Apparent cause of the fire was from a candle left burning in the bedroom. Crews were on scene for about an hour and twenty minutes.